The Middle East Monitor (MEMO) is pleased to announce the books shortlisted for its 2017 Palestine Book Awards.
This prestigious event, now in its sixth year, is an annual project that honours and celebrates books in English about Palestine. It is, equally, an attempt to encourage authors and publishers to produce more books on Palestine.
2017 has been another successful year with a total of 41 books submitted for consideration. The shortlist winners selected by the judges have added to the diversity of submissions and genres featuring the Palestinian narrative.
The 2017 shortlisted authors are:
- Ibtisam Barakat:Balcony on the Moon (FSG Macmillan)
- Petter Bauck and Mohammed Omer:The Oslo Accords (The American University in Cairo Press)
- Ahlam Bsharat:Code Name Butterfly (Neem Tree Press Ltd)
- Bjora Brenner:Gaza under Hamas: From Islamic Democracy to Islamist Governance (I.B. Tauris)
- Ben Ehrenreich:The Way to the Spring (Granta Publications)
- Samia Halaby:
View original post 165 more words