#AceNewsReport – Apr.17: A federal grand jury sitting in Albuquerque, N.M., has filed an indictment charging Kirby Cleveland, 32, an enrolled member of the Navajo Nation from Prewitt, N.M., with charges arising out of the murder of Houston James Largo, a tribal police officer of the Navajo Nation Division of Public Safety.
Cleveland is scheduled to be arraigned on the eight-count indictment at 9:30 a.m. on April 20, 2017 in the federal courthouse in Albuquerque.
The indictment charges Cleveland with the following offences:
- Count 1, murdering an officer and employee of the United States who was engaged in the performance of his official duties;
- Count 2, committing felony murder while escaping from an institution of confinement;
- Count 3, first-degree murder;
- Count 4, escaping from an institution of confinement where he was confined after his conviction on a felony offense;
- Count 5, using a firearm during and in relation to a…
View original post 492 more words